Author Topic: Parking question  (Read 290 times)

Offline SparrowCry

Parking question
« on: March 14, 2017, 06:39:14 AM »
I have read the Furnal Equinox site and announcements on parking. Question I have is, will there be a con discount applied to the self parking $40/ day lot? I am pretty sure valet parking discounted at ,$25 will disappear quickly for those coming in on Friday and not be an option.

The parking costs are my biggest concern with the new venue. $120 for the weekend is really expensive.

Does anyone know of alternative parking lots nearby or within easy travel at a reasonable price? I know they are there and it's been noted on the FE site but specifics would be most appreciated! Thank you!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 06:40:02 AM by SparrowCry »

Offline Jinx

• Jinx
  • ^.^
  • Species: Wolf
  • RAWR!!!
  • Species : Canadian Lynx
Re: Parking question
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 08:42:23 PM »
Parking
Valet Parking – As many of our attendees have asked, we DO have discounted parking at the Westin! Their valet service will be discounted at $25 per night, valid between Thursday to Monday. The valet lot offers a secure and convenient location to park your car for the weekend, AND there are unlimited in/out privileges with it in case you need to make a trip or two! For oversized vehicles, the maximum clearance for the valet lot is 6’1″ – the hotel driveway is more than that, so you are still able to pull up and drop your luggage off. If you are staying at the Westin, please submit your valet ticket to the concierge when you check in – all others, please talk to the Valet kiosk on the Westin’s driveway. Please note that the Valet lot is first-come first-served basis, with a priority on guests staying at the Westin. In case the lot is full, there is plenty of other parking in the area – see below!
Self-Parking – The Westin Harbour Castle also has a self-parking facility located at 16 Harbour Street, The Pinnacle Centre, starting at $40 per night. The building is one street up from The Westin, and easily accessible – please reference the map linked ahead for instructions on how to find it. If you wish to self-park, you MUST obtain a self-park pass at the hotel by asking a Valet or Parking cashier, who will provide you a self-park pass. Click here to view instructions on how to find the self-park!
Public Lots – There are many public parking options around, each with varying rates. You can find a map of the available parking by clicking here!
If you’d like to read on more information and features regarding parking, click here!
Sammy<3

Offline Jinx

• Jinx
  • ^.^
  • Species: Wolf
  • RAWR!!!
  • Species : Canadian Lynx
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 08:45:22 PM »
Sammy<3

Offline SparrowCry

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 05:37:14 AM »
Thank you, Sammy. I did read that whole announcement prior to posting my question. It did not explain why the valet only had the discounted rate $25 rate over self parking. I find that disappointing, as it likely travellers on Friday won't get one of the 268 spots. Thanks for the other link. I'll figure out something.

Offline panzier

• Rar!
  • Species : Tiger
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 12:37:05 PM »
Sparrow et all,  Parking, I'm oversized in every direction so the hotel garage was not an option.  60 meters from the front door of the hotel heading North is a parking lot. Via the in-lot kiosks the parking rate is $25 a day it seems but they have an app, via the app, parking was $15 plus a 30 cent service fee per 24 hour period. The app will let you know when your parking will expire and you can re-register by app each day.   For folks in the know, this lot is govered by 'Green P' parking. not sure exactly what that means but being able to find a place Friday at 1am was perfect and all self service. 

-Panzier

Offline Scani

• Furnal Equinox Con Staff
  • Species : Gryphon (panther/cardinal)
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 06:40:12 AM »
"Green P" is the branding for the Toronto Parking Authority, owned by the City of Toronto.
Generally their rates are the most reasonable.

Sparrow et all,  Parking, I'm oversized in every direction so the hotel garage was not an option.  60 meters from the front door of the hotel heading North is a parking lot. Via the in-lot kiosks the parking rate is $25 a day it seems but they have an app, via the app, parking was $15 plus a 30 cent service fee per 24 hour period. The app will let you know when your parking will expire and you can re-register by app each day.   For folks in the know, this lot is govered by 'Green P' parking. not sure exactly what that means but being able to find a place Friday at 1am was perfect and all self service. 

-Panzier
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same...

-- Rudyard Kipling
---
Scani (Chair, Furnal Equinox)

vancoufur