Author Topic: 2014, sneaking into the folder!  (Read 1033 times)

Offline Feli

• Chairperson, What The Fur
    • What The Fur
2014, sneaking into the folder!
« on: December 17, 2013, 12:11:28 PM »
2014 brings us to a grand celebration. Five years of adventures, five years of camaraderie, five years of fun. We have been through pirates and the ninjas, zombies, creatures of the night and fairies. But now it is time to bring the dirigibles home to rest. Join us for the grand jubilee, and wind up your clockwork heart: What The Fur is proud to present you with a steam powered celebration. Consider this your gilded invitation.

What The Fur?
May 23-25 2014, Montreal, QC, Canada
www.whatthefur.ca

In this edition of the news
-Guest of Honour: Ookami Kemono
-Dates
-Venue
-Registration
-Programming

Guest of Honour: Ookami Kemono
What The Fur is proud to present you with our chosen Guest of Honour for 2014, the amazingly talented Ookami Kemono, also known as Alex Cockburn. He is originally from Boston, Massachusetts. Mostly self-taught with the pencil and ink techniques, he studied the basics of drawing anatomy from watching various cartoons and reading Japanese Manga. His illustrations soon reached numerous published children's books, CD covers, television, and game magazines. Later he found a talent for animation; both stop motion and cell animation. He soon graduated from Massachusetts College of Art and Design with a Bachelor in Fine Arts. Soon after, he published his first furry graphic novel, "Concealment" and is now working on a series called "Lucid's Dream".

His unique images focus on the hardships of life and relations, questioning topics in the furry fandom, to the joy of being in love and having friends. His artwork became so inspiring to others that people wrote to him saying that his artwork saved and changed their lives. Ookami also shares his talent and donates numerous illustrations to various furry conventions. His artistic curse, a developing cute style, soon became known as the style of "D'AWWWWW!" to thousands.

Dates
We've had to get a little creative, but we've got our dates now set. What The Fur will be taking place on the weekend of the 23rd to 25th of May 2014.

Venue
After many trials and tribulations, we are happy to say that we've found our new home! In 2014 the Sheraton Montreal Airport will be our new location.
Our new home is now outside of the down town core, which means that yes, you are being taken further away from the wonderful restaurants that you've grown to love over the last four years. But fret not! There are many restaurants just to the south of the hotel, and you're closer to the West Island (which, in our opinion, has several superior eateries).
Rooms at the hotel will be $125 per night for a two-double bed room, no matter if you're four people in the room or not! Parking will be extra, but it's much less expensive than down town. And, as a bonus, if you want to come in early or stay a little later around the convention to see Montreal, we've managed to get a deal where you can stay in the hotel for the same rates anywhere from the 20th to the 28th of may!
Visit our Hotel Page for more information. Reservations can start to be made in the coming days, so expect another announcement.

Registration
We’re also proud to announce that registration for both dealers and attendees is now open! Visit our website for all of the juicy details.

Programming
What The Fur can't exist without people like you, our attendees. And though we all work hard to bring you the best of events and entertainment, we are always looking to be better.
If you have an idea for a panel, a workshop or an event that you think would work at What The Fur, let us know! We're always on the hunt for new things to do
But worry not! We'll be bringing back your favourites such as the Chocolate Social, the Fursuit Games and the Fursuit Hockey League, Rockband and the ever-wonderful Saturday Night Dance.
We'll be bringing you a few new things this year, so keep your eyes open on our Programming page for updates and info.

Offline Jinx

• Jinx
  • ^.^
  • Species: Wolf
  • RAWR!!!
  • Species : Canadian Lynx
Re: 2014, sneaking into the folder!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 12:43:13 PM »
hope to go for my first time to this con

its a maybe for me
Sammy<3

Offline fulminar

• ^.^
  • Species : African Cape Buffalo
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 10:34:05 PM »
This is also a possible con for me as well. I just need to calculate my vacation time and whether or not I'd be able to find a room/ride share.

Offline Hera

• Dragon Princess
  • Species: Dragon
    • FA Page
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 12:32:41 AM »
Yay thanks for the update!

Offline Frostscar

• Team Meerkat Administration
    • Condition Vs the Monsters
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 03:19:45 PM »
This is also a possible con for me as well. I just need to calculate my vacation time and whether or not I'd be able to find a room/ride share.

It is a pretty fantastic con
Come join us for Condition Vs the Monsters! Aug 1st to 3rd in London, Ontario. www.conditionfurry.ca

Offline Cornwall

• Species : Dragon
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 09:16:27 PM »
Can hardly wait!

Feral