Author Topic: Questions about FE  (Read 495 times)

Offline babytrapezoid

• Species : Fennec fox
Questions about FE
« on: May 21, 2015, 09:08:31 PM »
Hi, my name's Salem. I'm pretty new to all of this. Working on my first partial suit for my fursona Trapezoid. I was reading into Furnal Equinox and it seems like something I would like to attend but I'm pretty nervous. How open of an environment is it to newcomers? Are people there generally friendly? I apologize if these seem like dumb question but I'm a timid little fox and get spooked easily.

Offline Hammy

• I am me.
  • ^.^
  • Species: Northern River Otter
  • I am a Happy Winged River Otter
  • Species : Winged River Otter
Re: Questions about FE
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 10:17:59 PM »
FE is a fairly open con and very welcoming to new comers.

Personally i never run into any issues.

By the amzing Zenuel

Offline Pikazap

• Innovator of Sexiness
  • Team Meerkat Moderator
  • Species : Pikachu Fennec Fox
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 01:18:23 AM »
Do not be afraid Salem!  There will be plenty of Super Heroes to protect you from all those who are unfriendly

Offline Scani

• Furnal Equinox Con Staff
  • Species : Gryphon (panther/cardinal)
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 11:02:03 AM »
We do our best to provide an open and friendly event. FE has been the first con for many people over the years, and they've come back many times since then and even gone to other, bigger events :)

My recommendation would be that when you come, to attend some of the panels where you're not mixing and mingling in big events, and in smaller groups. "Your First Con" is a good start and would be very appropriate considering it's your first con experience. Then have a look for any other panels that you're interested in :)  That's a good way to meet people in smaller groups that might share the same interests as you, and perhaps make some friends that you can associate with through the remainder of the event.

Regards,
Scani
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same...

-- Rudyard Kipling
---
Scani (Chair, Furnal Equinox)

WTF