Author Topic: Monster Hunters Unite!!  (Read 7966 times)

Offline Sasha Pawz

• Resident Femboy
  • ^.^
  • Species : Kitsune
Re: Monster Hunters Unite!!
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2015, 10:00:48 AM »
I had a Circle Pad Pro back when they were worthless. sold it for $5... or I gave it away, I can't remember.

Offline Hammy

• I am me.
  • ^.^
  • Species: Northern River Otter
  • I am a Happy Winged River Otter
  • Species : Winged River Otter
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2015, 10:46:49 AM »
Glad you like the Horn! It's definitely a weapon that's more for group plays - your friends do damage, you do the buffs!

I haven't settled on a time or place yet, merely because... I don't know how! I'm not sure who to contact on how to set up a space where we can get together and play for starters. I'm not even sure how many people are gonna be showing up/would be interested, how we'd settle on groups, ect.

I think for starters we can see how many people can make it to the group, if we set a time, and we can pair up experienced people with less experienced people to help ease them into the game. Experienced players can change their gear and choose any kind of quest, so you won't have to worry about being tossed into a high-level quest right away, or have a quest where people one-shot the monster on you!

Then maybe if things are going well we can set up a thing where people enter their names into a box and we draw lots to see who's in who's groups, and then draw new lots every few runs or so? So people can play with new people.

And then after that if people hook up and find people they like playing with, then things can go naturally from there, like if people want to stick around, or if people have other plans they want to do.

If anyone can point me in the right direction as to who to ask about this sort of thing, now that we have at least a few people interested, I'd really appreciate it!

We can all just play in the Zoo area, No need to set up special place. Just need a time and date.

And ya Circle pad pro a bitch to track down. :( Amazon.ca has them but they japan imports.

By the amzing Zenuel

Offline Kudalyn

• Personal Website
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2015, 06:15:39 PM »

We can all just play in the Zoo area, No need to set up special place. Just need a time and date.

And ya Circle pad pro a bitch to track down. :( Amazon.ca has them but they japan imports.

Well the days I'm gonna be there are saturday and sunday, so probably sometime in the afternoon on saturday would make sense! Do they release the planned events/panels schedule before the con? cause I'd like to see what's up to watch before settling on a time, in case there's a panel I'd like to see, heh

Offline Hammy

• I am me.
  • ^.^
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2015, 10:56:20 PM »
They usually do that a week or so in advance.

By the amzing Zenuel

Offline Hammy

• I am me.
  • ^.^
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2015, 01:40:15 AM »
So received my copy on Friday and been playing it. I am getting the hang of it faster then other ones and I am liking my Hunting Horn. Does anyone want to exchange 3DS Code and play with each other?

By the amzing Zenuel

Offline Mynemynemyne

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2015, 06:57:35 PM »
Just got to Hr7 in solo mode and hr3 online. So much fun this game is. Can not stop playing it.
So far Im rockin full Gravios Gear, but I've built all of the Barroth Armor set and Tetsucabra Armor set.
Using the Charged Blade but sad it lacks an upgrade path like the sword and shield. There is not many choices. Built all that I could so far but that only gives me Fire, Ice, Dragon dmg. :(

My friend code is: 4596-9655-6517 post yours and add me ill add ya back to hunt online.

Offline Hammy

• I am me.
  • ^.^
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2015, 07:50:07 PM »
Just got to Hr7 in solo mode and hr3 online. So much fun this game is. Can not stop playing it.
So far Im rockin full Gravios Gear, but I've built all of the Barroth Armor set and Tetsucabra Armor set.
Using the Charged Blade but sad it lacks an upgrade path like the sword and shield. There is not many choices. Built all that I could so far but that only gives me Fire, Ice, Dragon dmg. :(

My friend code is: 4596-9655-6517 post yours and add me ill add ya back to hunt online.

O_O

Um... I am HR1 and um just finished my first Expedition.....

I use Hunter Horn (Great Bagpipes) and Heavy Bowgun (Bone Shooter+). And I made Hunter gear for my Heavy Bowgun.

IDK if you would want to play with me since I am clearly very far behind you.

By the amzing Zenuel

Offline Kudalyn

• Personal Website
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2015, 08:16:19 PM »
No problem for 'behind' folks, its all in good fun!
I'm HR4 in solo mode, and I think maybe HR2 in multiplayer?? and I've been playing it quite a bit since I got it last friday!

Don't worry about trying to be the best super fast, specially for someone who hasn't played MH before! Just have fun with it!

I'm really liking the solo story so far! It's super cute, the felynes are ADORABLE, and I'm slaying with my Insect Glaive! I'll try to get up to snuff for peeps when the con rolls around!

Offline Mynemynemyne

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2015, 12:03:27 AM »
Its fun just hunting things, doesnt matter what it is! NO matter what everything can be a challenge. That one game when Great Jaggi suddenly owns you O.O oh my. Spent most of this evening leveling up a friends online HR just for fun(And the carves are a bonus!).

Cant wait to play with others at FE! Ill be wakin around in my otter suit, maybe Ill make him some felyne armor! :):)

Post your friend codes so I can add you aaaallllllllllllll

Offline Hammy

• I am me.
  • ^.^
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2015, 12:12:31 AM »
Its fun just hunting things, doesnt matter what it is! NO matter what everything can be a challenge. That one game when Great Jaggi suddenly owns you O.O oh my. Spent most of this evening leveling up a friends online HR just for fun(And the carves are a bonus!).

Cant wait to play with others at FE! Ill be wakin around in my otter suit, maybe Ill make him some felyne armor! :):)

Post your friend codes so I can add you aaaallllllllllllll

Woot Fellow otter. :) True true,  just got my ass kicked by a HR1 quest. :(

My Friend Code is 5171-9957-9262

By the amzing Zenuel

Offline Hammy

• I am me.
  • ^.^
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2015, 07:46:49 PM »
So how goes it?

By the amzing Zenuel

Offline Mynemynemyne

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2015, 01:43:51 PM »
been going welll! Just hit G-Rank last night. HR 63! woooooo fun times

Offline Hammy

• I am me.
  • ^.^
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2015, 09:36:17 PM »
been going welll! Just hit G-Rank last night. HR 63! woooooo fun times

I am still HR1 lol. Just working on getting my ship. :(

By the amzing Zenuel

Offline Kudalyn

• Personal Website
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2015, 12:07:19 PM »
Hey guys! Sorry I haven't made an update in a while, been busy!
So now that I've had a look at the schedule, I was thinking of starting the get-together at 3 pm in the Zoo? That way people have plenty of time to get food, or look at other venues before the gametime!

Starting at 3, people would start off by experienced people partnering up with inexperienced people and helping them out, teaching them a few tricks, and having fun!

Then, after about an hour or so of that, people can pair up with whomever they want! If people need help with gaining ranks, then people can pair up with each other to finish key quests, or grind for loot they need to finish their sets! Essentially a free-for-all.

There's no set endtime. You can stick around for as little or as long as you want, and of course if you wanna leave to see a venue and then come back thats cool too!

I'm even thinking of making a few little print-outs for the event and sticking them up places once I get there. I'm probably not going to be at the con until 11am-noonish (i have to drive about 2 hours from where I live) so I don't know exactly how much publicity the get-together will get. But thats okay!

Of course, I have to ASK if its okay if I put printouts up, heh...

Offline Hammy

• I am me.
  • ^.^
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2015, 08:34:08 PM »
Saturday at 3pm? That works. I have got better :D

By the amzing Zenuel

WTF