Author Topic: Monster Hunters Unite!!  (Read 7997 times)

Offline Kudalyn

• Personal Website
Monster Hunters Unite!!
« on: January 31, 2015, 12:07:36 PM »
Hey! Do you like bashing Brachydios, attacking Agnaktors, and goreing Gore Magdalas?

Well so do I!

If you're a fan of the Monster Hunter series, then I'm sure you know that on Feb. 13th, the next installment of the series, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, is coming out on the 3ds! I'll be getting it - and I'd love to play the game with fellow Hunters!

It'd be great if we could set up a meeting area somewhere for Hunters to meet and do quests together! I'm not sure where we could locate, since I haven't been able to go to FE for a few years now, so my memory of the area is a little rusty. If anyone could help out with this, that'd be great!

I'll be attending FE from Saturday-Sunday, so I won't be able to help with anything Friday. But I'll do my best to help out when I'm there!

Another neat idea would be able to be set up in the Games Room maybe - but it requires someone to allow use of their Wii U and copy of MH3U.

MH3U is the current copy of MH that is out, and it allows local play - the Wii U hosts any 3ds players in the area, and allows transfer of game files from the 3ds version, to the Wii U, and back.
But it would also require the owner of the Wii U to share/transfer their main file and allow people to upload their own game file to the Wii U to let people have turns on the hosting/big screen... it would need a bit of wiggle room, specially to make sure nobody loses their game file in the transfer.

This one is just an idea, I think the MH4U and the 3ds get together would be a easier and cleaner way of doing it. But I just thought I'd throw the idea out there!

Let me know what you think!

Offline Hammy

• I am me.
  • ^.^
  • Species: Northern River Otter
  • I am a Happy Winged River Otter
  • Species : Winged River Otter
Re: Monster Hunters Unite!!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 09:56:56 PM »
I am interested in the game, but I find the controls difficult. Have they improved the controls for this release?

By the amzing Zenuel

Offline Kudalyn

• Personal Website
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 12:07:03 AM »
I am interested in the game, but I find the controls difficult. Have they improved the controls for this release?
Unfortunately... not all that much?

If you don't have the New 3ds with the little camera control nub, it plays the exact same on the original 3ds. The controls can be difficult, but I've learned to work around it using the touchscreen as a camera stick option. Also, lots of practice.

MH4U also won't have underwater battles, but they introduced climbing and leaping in this game. The leaping can be really fun, specially if you learn how to use a new Insect Glaive!

Offline Hammy

• I am me.
  • ^.^
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 11:13:38 AM »
I will buy the game, And give it a good shot. I always liked teh concept of the game if I not been that good at it.

By the amzing Zenuel

Offline Kudalyn

• Personal Website
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 03:37:38 PM »
I will buy the game, And give it a good shot. I always liked teh concept of the game if I not been that good at it.
The game is a LOT more fun with more people! You get more monsters, more interesting quests, and things are just more fun. It can be a bit challenging organizing people in your group, but for the most part its a blast.

One of the good things about MH4U is that they're putting in online play - so you can play with people wherever theres an internet connection! MH3U on the 3ds you couldn't do that, but on the Wii U you could. MH4U (so far) isn't coming out on the Wii U.

Offline Brad

• ^.^
    • Furaffinity
  • Species : Feline
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 04:46:06 PM »
Tried the MH4 demo on 3ds but the camera thing was a bit of a pain and I'm not going to be buying the new 3ds just so i can have a nob to rotate the camera.

Still was fun, and pressing l to reset the camera to my back every 2 seconds reminded me of playing ocarina of time.
I have no label. I am Brad.
^-ᴥ-^

Offline Hammy

• I am me.
  • ^.^
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 09:27:53 PM »
The game is a LOT more fun with more people! You get more monsters, more interesting quests, and things are just more fun. It can be a bit challenging organizing people in your group, but for the most part its a blast.

One of the good things about MH4U is that they're putting in online play - so you can play with people wherever theres an internet connection! MH3U on the 3ds you couldn't do that, but on the Wii U you could. MH4U (so far) isn't coming out on the Wii U.

I prefer playing support type chars is there room for a char like that?

By the amzing Zenuel

Offline Kami

• Traveller
  • ^.^
  • Traveller
    • About Me
  • Species : Grey/Timber Wolf
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2015, 11:55:52 AM »
I've got the New 3DS XL MH4 Edition on pre-order. It'll be my first MH game. I have no idea what to expect, heh.

Offline Kudalyn

• Personal Website
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 12:16:21 AM »
I prefer playing support type chars is there room for a char like that?

There is! If you prefer support, then a Hunting Horn is the weapon for you. By pressing certain buttons in the right order, you 'play' a song to give buffs to your team members. healing, attack boost, defense boost, lots of different things. And it can also be used as a giant hammer when you need to smash things in the face!

it takes a bit of learning, and I myself need to practice with them. But from what I've heard, they're fun!

There are also ranged weapons; bows, guns, bowguns! These are heavy and slow, but powerful, and you need to rely on your teammates to keep the monster away and occupied so you can make the shot. You can even boost arrows with potions to heal your teammates - by shooting them!

But bows and the sort are rather hard to get used to - they're more for advanced players. But theres nothing wrong with getting a crash course in them with folks for fun!

Theres a large assortment of roles and weapons to play in this game, so I'm sure you'd be able to find something that suits you!

Offline Kudalyn

• Personal Website
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2015, 12:21:29 AM »
I've got the New 3DS XL MH4 Edition on pre-order. It'll be my first MH game. I have no idea what to expect, heh.
Welcome aboard! First time? no problem! It's a really fun game. It takes a bit of getting used to at first - but once you learn how its like riding a bike. You never forget!

If we manage to get enough people together, I'm sure there will be enough experienced vs new players to have everyone be able to learn the ropes and have fun killing stuff!

Also - super jealous of the fancy MH 3ds! I'm still using my classical original 3ds, it's my baby. I've decided not to get any of the new 3ds' just because... well, they're so over the top IMO! Even if the new camera nub has been sorely needed, it's become ridiculous with how many rereleases of the same console they've come out with.

I'm happy with my 3ds, so I've seen no need to buy a new one. :)

I hope you enjoy yours though!!

Offline Hammy

• I am me.
  • ^.^
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2015, 06:17:35 PM »
Have you settled on a time and a place to play this game?

Also are we starting new chars together? Or are we all going to play with chars we currently playing?

I want to be a support char for our team so I be a Horn user, hope you have patients to help me lol.

What is a good beginner class?

By the amzing Zenuel

Offline Riley

• The Left-Wing Columnist
  • This statement is false.
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2015, 12:45:37 AM »
Omg, so I haven't participated in the community for YEARS but I'm going to FE to promote my photography business... BUT I am a long time MH player and I would absolutely ADORE playing some MH at the con!

I play on a 2DS (psp original will always be the best) and I always rock the bow. I can't even imagine using the second c-stick to control the camera, claw grip is the best. ^-^
Art (c) Sweeney 2010. <3

'The purpose of life is a life of purpose'

Offline Mynemynemyne

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2015, 02:58:08 PM »
Totally down for this! Even have the second c-stick adaptor for the 3ds for when i played MH3. Always made those underwater fights so much easier, but now those are gone woohoo!

Offline Hammy

• I am me.
  • ^.^
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2015, 07:54:15 PM »
Tried the demo, I like the hunting horn TBH. Though it not very strong effective weapon.

By the amzing Zenuel

Offline Kudalyn

• Personal Website
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2015, 01:36:48 AM »
Have you settled on a time and a place to play this game?

Also are we starting new chars together? Or are we all going to play with chars we currently playing?

I want to be a support char for our team so I be a Horn user, hope you have patients to help me lol.

What is a good beginner class?

Tried the demo, I like the hunting horn TBH. Though it not very strong effective weapon.

Glad you like the Horn! It's definitely a weapon that's more for group plays - your friends do damage, you do the buffs!

I haven't settled on a time or place yet, merely because... I don't know how! I'm not sure who to contact on how to set up a space where we can get together and play for starters. I'm not even sure how many people are gonna be showing up/would be interested, how we'd settle on groups, ect.

I think for starters we can see how many people can make it to the group, if we set a time, and we can pair up experienced people with less experienced people to help ease them into the game. Experienced players can change their gear and choose any kind of quest, so you won't have to worry about being tossed into a high-level quest right away, or have a quest where people one-shot the monster on you!

Then maybe if things are going well we can set up a thing where people enter their names into a box and we draw lots to see who's in who's groups, and then draw new lots every few runs or so? So people can play with new people.

And then after that if people hook up and find people they like playing with, then things can go naturally from there, like if people want to stick around, or if people have other plans they want to do.

If anyone can point me in the right direction as to who to ask about this sort of thing, now that we have at least a few people interested, I'd really appreciate it!

Omg, so I haven't participated in the community for YEARS but I'm going to FE to promote my photography business... BUT I am a long time MH player and I would absolutely ADORE playing some MH at the con!

I play on a 2DS (psp original will always be the best) and I always rock the bow. I can't even imagine using the second c-stick to control the camera, claw grip is the best. ^-^

2ds or 3ds, doesn't matter, as long as you enjoy playing with others! If you get some time, come hunt with us!

Totally down for this! Even have the second c-stick adaptor for the 3ds for when i played MH3. Always made those underwater fights so much easier, but now those are gone woohoo!

My mate and I are working on getting Circle Pad Pros for our 3ds' right now! They're hard to find however! We managed to track one down on an online store, only to find they only had ONE in stock! So we bought that one to share until we can find a second one thats not at a ridiculous price!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 02:05:49 AM by Kudalyn »

WTF