Author Topic: 2014 FE Christmas Party -- Thank you!  (Read 1250 times)

Offline Scani

• Furnal Equinox Con Staff
  • Species : Gryphon (panther/cardinal)
2014 FE Christmas Party -- Thank you!
« on: December 14, 2014, 09:27:27 AM »
I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone who came out to the Christmas party yesterday!

This is always an event that relies upon the generosity of others in terms of bringing food as well as donations, and you all stepped up in great fashion -- there were a number of great dishes to sample both before the meal and during it. So thank you to all who contributed, whether in terms of food, donations, or other entertainment.

We had an excellent turnout, and the party room was pretty much full (we counted about 110 people at peak, and I'm sure there were more who came and left) -- so I have a feeling that we may be exploring new venues at some point in the future ;)

I also want to thank all of the volunteers for the event who helped with the setup, serving and teardown afterwards (which happened in record time, under an hour). For pretty much everybody involved, this was a brand new process as the meet transitioned to a new group of people, but it went about as smoothly as it could have. So I am very grateful to those who volunteered in the last two months to coordinate things, and after the event.

As I said before dinner: this has been a difficult week for the fandom, but one thing that I've heard a lot:
You have two families -- the one you're born into and the one that you choose. And I have heard many people refer to other furries as their family.
I can't think of anything that's more of a family thing to do than to gather and share food together. And I'm hopeful that we provided a good opportunity for that :)

We will definitely look at doing something similar again next year. Traditionally we have done a Halloween meet, but we're considering pushing that back and doing a Thanksgiving one.

If you have any questions or concerns about the meet, don't hesitate to let me know.

Thank you all for your support!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 12:41:22 PM by Bailey Bat »
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same...

-- Rudyard Kipling
---
Scani (Chair, Furnal Equinox)

Offline Bailey Bat

• *squeak*
Re: FE Christmas Party -- Thank you!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 12:38:23 PM »
Hopefulyl to not reitterate what Scani said, I have a few 'thank yous' of my own to give, as I have a lot of things to be personally appreciative about.  I do apologize if I refer to you as "the person" or any other indirect shout-out, as I failed to gather names...

Thank you to the Staff and Volunteers for helping run this event. From renting the room, to supplying internal donations, to helping out all through the event... you guys are the soul of these events and we cannot do it without you.
Thank you to all who donated food and/or money to the event. Hosting a big event like this in the holiday season is tough on everyone, but your contributions however big and small keep us going year after year. Rice dishes, veggies, breads, cookies, meatballs, spicy bear meat, and deserts to name a few of the great things brought to the meet all helped out amd were all equally delishious. Even the bear, despite the unorthadox hunting strategy it took to put it on the table.
Thank you to Fuzy and David for helping out in the kitchen. Any time I get to make a big mess and not have to clean up after or look like a chef superman with little credit to other folks is always a great time.
Thank you to NO, Bungee Skunk, and Stew Hex (as well as Kit and Fuzy) for lettig me use your apartments for cooking stuff in. I appologise for not taking my shoes off the majority of the time i was tromping around your homes, but i was always in a rush. I am normally not that rude!
Also thank you again to Bungee Skunk for supplying the movies and projector again for this event. Its always a big draw. Thanks also for the 40 inch TV. I was able to hook up Smash Bros on thr WiiU and i dont think it ever got turned off.
Thank you to Valrus for running the Secret Santa. That was lots of fun and in a strange coincidence there was enough gifts for everyone who wanted to be involved.
Thank you to Eevachu for organising the artist area and for doing up the special badges. That was awesome.
Thank you to Sammy for organising the fursuit pictures. We always love dolling up and getting flash photography attention and this year did not dissapoint.
Thank you to the individual who answered by cry for help a 8:30 in the morning by actually bringing my a monster energy drink. I clearly did not reward with enough hugs as that kickstarter got my through the day pretty much.

A BIG thank you to Talon Bat and Flow for providing me your individual snuggles so I could take 5-10 minute naps to regain some energy.  Snuggling always recharges bat batteries.

And finally another big thank you to our attendees. Obviously without you guys there would be no event. Just a bunch of stressed out folks with too much to do.

We hope you had lots of fun and we will see you all in March for Furnal Equinox 2015!!

Offline Jinx

• Jinx
  • ^.^
  • Species: Wolf
  • RAWR!!!
  • Species : Canadian Lynx
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 01:43:37 PM »
no no thank you and the others who helped out

it was a really great event

I enjoyed it lots

so much fun, food, and people

the group photo we did had a huge turn out

:3
Sammy<3

Offline Xzion

• -..---....----.
  • ^.^
  • Species: Western Dragon / Fennec
  • Draco zerda
    • Xzion's Con Photos
  • Species : Western Dragon
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 11:23:26 AM »
Thanks to everyone who organized and helped plan and run the meet, the hard work was definitely appreciated.

We're very happy the Chilly Bear Burrritos were well received. As for the unorthodox hunting methods, waste not, want not, as the saying goes as alternative was to let it go to waste. :-)

It was great seeing everyone and look forward to the convention and future meets in the new year!
"Think first, think fast, be careful, pursue." - RDA

Offline Vinnie

• The Black wolf with the blue earring and the Trailer Park Boys Bubbles Impersonator
  • ^.^
  • Species: Black Wolf
  • Hello!
  • Species : Black Wolf
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 04:09:56 AM »
Thanks to everyone who helped make this event the success it was!

Was a blast!  :)

vancoufur