Author Topic: FE Tea Social 2015 - we need your help!  (Read 1759 times)

Offline Spawts

• Spotted [noun]
  • ^.^
  • Species: Dalmatian
  • This flavour text is grape flavour.
  • Species : Dalmatian
FE Tea Social 2015 - we need your help!
« on: November 27, 2014, 09:58:12 AM »
It's that time again!

No, not Christmas. Well, I suppose it is almost Christmas, but that's not what I was-

Anyway! Furnal Equinox is coming up soon and that means that it's time to organize once again for the Tea Social! I'd like to extend my thanks once again for those that helped make last year such a success. Let's aim to make this one even better!

What is this Tea Social, you might ask? Well, I'm glad you did! It's a place to relax your con-crazed bodies for an hour with free hot drinks and snacks for everyone. However, this event is not run by FE staff themselves - this is an independently organized event that is hosted like a panel. While FE staff does do a great job helping every year, this means everything that people get to enjoy at the Tea Social is provided by fellow furries like you!

Furnal Equinox's theme next year will be Video Games - that should stir your creative minds. The theme can be applied to anything you wish to bring, but it doesn't have to if you don't want. It can be challenging to turn tea into something video-game related. Again, we welcome any helpful donation, so don't be discouraged if you can't bring your super-awesome-crazy idea to fruition! Anything will do, and will be greatly appreciated.   ;D

If you would like to help us out this year, please let me know down below! Here's some ideas of things we may need to get you started:

• Home-baked goods, such as cookies, muffins, cakes, or anything else munchable;
  • Store-bought snacks if your rolling-pin skills are admittedly not the greatest;
  • Your favourite tea or hot drink combination (don't be afraid of being whacky, the Sprite/Pomegranate Tea is a hit!);
  • Supplies to eat off and drink from, so we may be civilized. Bonus points for eco-friendliness!

If you commit to volunteering now and realize that you have to back out later, that's fine! We understand that things happen and people may not be able to do everything they wish to. However, please let me know if this happens! I'd hate to have a whole spot ready for your delicious cake or drink and have it left empty and leave people curious and wanting. Barring all this, if you could tell your friends (or even bring them along) it'd be appreciated!

Hope to see you all again in 2015!

- Spawts

Offline Jinx

• Jinx
  • ^.^
  • Species: Wolf
  • RAWR!!!
  • Species : Canadian Lynx
Re: FE Tea Social 2015 - we need your help!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 05:11:57 PM »
il attend this event at least:3
Sammy<3

Offline Silvermoon

• ^.^
  • In the dark of night, I see the light
  • Species : Wolf
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 09:15:50 PM »
I'll help out! When it closer to FE I'll nail down what I can carry to the con, depending on if I have a ride.  ;)

Offline KirinHybrid

• ^.^
  • Species : Hybrid (Kirin, Eatern Dragon and cat!)
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 09:28:55 PM »
As usual I'll bring my Sprite/ Pomegranate tea combo.

Also as an avid gamer, I'll try to make some themed goodies :D not exactly sure what yet.
FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/kirinhybrid/
Weasyl: https://www.weasyl.com/~kirinhybrid

3DS Friend code:5172-0962-3882
Note me so I can add you back!

Offline EvilCrash

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 12:36:14 PM »
I always have a HUUUUGE surplus of tea (both bagged and lose-leaf) at my house I should be able to bring some! I can also probably bring some tasty treats (I'll update on what when i know for sure)

I'd also be down for bringing some tea pots/cups but it depends on if I'm getting a drive down or not (trusting folks wouldn't be breaking my things >v>)

Might I inquire as to which day of the con this would be happening?

Offline Nasido

• ^.^
  • Heya :3!
  • Species : Gryphon (Ring-Tailed Mongoose+Marvellous Spatuletail)
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 07:53:49 PM »
Two chocolate peanut butter cheesecakes ONO!
Heyos :3! Feel free to chat me up, always happy to meet new friends ^v^!

FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/nasido/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/House_Gryphon
Tumblr: http://baronfurfeather.tumblr.com/
AD Tumblr: http://burdsbed.tumblr.com/

Offline Spawts

• Spotted [noun]
  • ^.^
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 01:41:44 PM »
Two chocolate peanut butter cheesecakes ONO!

Great! Now the cake will last 10 whole minutes after the event starts instead of 5! XD

I always have a HUUUUGE surplus of tea (both bagged and lose-leaf) at my house I should be able to bring some! I can also probably bring some tasty treats (I'll update on what when i know for sure)

I'd also be down for bringing some tea pots/cups but it depends on if I'm getting a drive down or not (trusting folks wouldn't be breaking my things >v>)

Might I inquire as to which day of the con this would be happening?

Awesome! Loose leaf tea is great, but don't worry, we have Styrofoam cups and there's no real need for teapots as we have huge hot water urns filled with the water! Unless you wanted to make a big batch for your table or something, which is cool too! Actually, that's not a bad idea...

As for the day, it's not guaranteed until the official con schedule is released some time in February. However, I can say that all of our previous events have been held on the Saturday in the late afternoon, so I would not be surprised if the con happens to place us in that same timeslot.

I'll help out! When it closer to FE I'll nail down what I can carry to the con, depending on if I have a ride.  ;)

Thanks! I appreciated your help last year, and anything you can bring would be great!

As usual I'll bring my Sprite/ Pomegranate tea combo.

Also as an avid gamer, I'll try to make some themed goodies :D not exactly sure what yet.

Sounds awesome! That pop/tea combo is definitely under-appreciated.

Offline Marrow

• Professional pretend dog person
  • ^.^
  • Species: Jackal
  • Species : Jackal
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2015, 01:12:34 PM »
If I do attend, I would love to contribute some baked goods. I would just need to know a list of approximate numbers from last year and allergen warnings as necessary. I can definitely find something that's good for everybody. Although I'm going to be bringing some of the tea I made up North on survey and I don't know how much I can share out :s

Offline LiathMactire

• ^.^
  • Species : Wolf
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2015, 03:19:17 PM »
One question, and it may be stupid, but ... about the urns for hot water.  Are they dedicated to have only ever had hot water in them? 

I still have memories from university of making tea with hot water from thermal carafes where the food service department didn't keep track of what they had contained previously.  They might have had coffee in them, they might not.  The taste was ... unique.  And not unique in a good sense.

Almost as strange as the one time I bought a Chai latte from a Second Cup and the server (new at the job, I suppose) put espresso in with the Chai.  :o

Offline Spawts

• Spotted [noun]
  • ^.^
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2015, 08:18:38 PM »
If I do attend, I would love to contribute some baked goods. I would just need to know a list of approximate numbers from last year and allergen warnings as necessary. I can definitely find something that's good for everybody. Although I'm going to be bringing some of the tea I made up North on survey and I don't know how much I can share out :s

Last year, we had approximately 50-70 people that came and hung around at the tables, but unfortunately, about an equal amount of people just come in to take food and leave. Allergens (such as nuts or other things) can be marked for attendees to take note. As for the tea, you don't need to try to supply some for everybody. You can bring some for just yourself or, if you feel so inclined, can bring a small amount for people to have on a first come/first serve basis. Thanks for the offer! It'd be great if you can bring anything, but if not, no pressure!

One question, and it may be stupid, but ... about the urns for hot water.  Are they dedicated to have only ever had hot water in them? 

I still have memories from university of making tea with hot water from thermal carafes where the food service department didn't keep track of what they had contained previously.  They might have had coffee in them, they might not.  The taste was ... unique.  And not unique in a good sense.

Almost as strange as the one time I bought a Chai latte from a Second Cup and the server (new at the job, I suppose) put espresso in with the Chai.  :o

The hot water urns are provided by the hotel, not the con nor myself. While they are most likely used for many different liquids, I am assuming that they are mainly used for hot water, and are cleaned out. We have not had anyone complain about taste so far, so it seems like it shouldn't be too big of an issue!

Offline Drakonman

• ^.^
  • Species: Red Fox that looks totally orange.
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2015, 12:00:03 AM »
Ill being pot brownies :U Jokes, Just funny because someone brought some to a CITY COUNSEL MEETING here in Hamilton.

Nah ill bring some regular brownies and soft cookies :3

FE