Author Topic: Furnal Equinox Christmas Party 2014 - Food List  (Read 7163 times)

Offline Bailey Bat

• *squeak*
Furnal Equinox Christmas Party 2014 - Food List
« on: October 12, 2014, 10:54:58 AM »
Howdy!

Bailey Bat here, happy to report that I am helping with the catering section of the Chistmas Party this year.  It is my job to stuff YOU guys with yummy food type things, and I intend to "jolly up" your waistlines with all sorts of good stuff =3

However to do so I, on F.E.'s behalf, need you help!  There is lots of people to feed so as per the norm we are doing a POTLUCK!  Do you have something 'delish' that you want to let other people try?  A recipie for awesome beef jerky that you wish to keep secret so i can hog it all?  Possibly 50 pounds of bear meat!? Then let us know here!

I will be keeping track of any and all food donations towards the potluck here in this thread, and as we do every year, we are... e-furnal-y grateful (heh) for all your support and help (and food!) you share and offer us <3.

Now... where does one find a turkey?  *loads musket* if I dont find one by mid December, I am serving up Scani...
Gryph Meat is close enough.

Offline Stew/Hex

• ^.^
  • Species: emperor penguin/ dragon
  • Work and life almost merges in my world.
    • My Fa account
  • Species : emperor penguin and western dragon
Re: Furnal Equinox Christmas Party 2014 - Food List
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 03:19:50 PM »
Ill keep it simple and be donating the pop for this meet. Cant cook worth a dam so its the least i can do.

Offline Jinx

• Jinx
  • ^.^
  • Species: Wolf
  • RAWR!!!
  • Species : Canadian Lynx
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 08:27:24 PM »
I will be probably bringing in
something sweet ( a dessert)
not sure yet what though
:3
Sammy<3

Offline Scani

• Furnal Equinox Con Staff
  • Species : Gryphon (panther/cardinal)
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 08:50:48 PM »
Now... where does one find a turkey?  *loads musket* if I dont find one by mid December, I am serving up Scani...
Gryph Meat is close enough.

Do you want me to go all Vince McMahon "YOOOOOOOOOOU'RE FIIIIIIIIRED" on you? :)

... better find another main course!

(Please make sure Bailey doesn't get fired. Help him find a main course!)
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same...

-- Rudyard Kipling
---
Scani (Chair, Furnal Equinox)

Offline Valrus

• Species : Orange Tiger
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 11:07:54 PM »
I'll bring either a vegetable like carrots or potatoes or possibly Mac and Cheese.
"As a rule mans a fool;
 when its hot he wants it cool and when its cool he wants it hot.
 Always wanting what is not."

Offline Maengun(Wolf)

• Totally a Bottom!
  • Team Meerkat Administration
  • IT Professional
  • Species : Wolf
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 06:49:43 PM »
Whatever you do bring, if it has allergens in it: Peanuts, Soy, milk etc. Please make a note of it on the label or something, so people with allergies to those things, know not to eat it:)

Shane
IT Support
2016 Harley Street 750
Wolf in a human body.

Offline Pikazap

• Innovator of Sexiness
  • Team Meerkat Moderator
  • Species : Pikachu Fennec Fox
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 02:41:37 PM »
Is there gonna be something done regarding even portions for all so everyone can have a meal and not left with a pile of veggies cause the first 20 people took it all.

Offline Maengun(Wolf)

• Totally a Bottom!
  • Team Meerkat Administration
  • IT Professional
  • Species : Wolf
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 03:28:23 PM »
Is there gonna be something done regarding even portions for all so everyone can have a meal and not left with a pile of veggies cause the first 20 people took it all.

Remember this well. Me,blindsight and one other, always got served last, by then it was all gone.

Usually it's a case of cooking two birds or potioning food. But that's all in bailey's area now:)

Shane
IT Support
2016 Harley Street 750
Wolf in a human body.

Offline Dakotah

• Fursuiter
  • ^.^
  • An author of Sci-fi novels
    • The Worlds of Jason Finigan
  • Species : Red Fox
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 10:24:46 PM »
I really hope there will be food brought that's reasonably safe for those of us who are diabetics. The last time I was at a potluck the food selection there was heavy on the sweet side.
DAKOTAH

Offline Bailey Bat

• *squeak*
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 01:40:47 PM »

Usually it's a case of cooking two birds or potioning food. But that's all in bailey's area now:)

Shane

And that means I'll be eating all the turkey before I even bring it to the party, so EVERYONE will equally get nothing.  See?  I'm a great planner.

Nah, I'll be sure to organize plenty of foodage for the plentiful furs.  Though a general attendance estimate would be nice closer to the 2nd week of December

Offline Pikazap

• Innovator of Sexiness
  • Team Meerkat Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 07:06:38 PM »
Expect 100-140.

Offline PakeshBear

• ChairCritter
  • Furnal Equinox Con Staff
  • Species: Coke Cola Polar bear
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2014, 06:52:33 AM »
Baily.

Expect 90 -120 bodies. Plan for food for 160 as some furs sadly have NO shame in eating enough for 4, then scream they did not get enough. And if you have to lay the law down on folks making a plate into a trough do so and make it stick even if they have to be ejected.

Plan for being in the room at 8am sharp to start from cleanup to decorations to getting early food and such organized. Trust me when we were doing it it was lucky to be done before the first super early birds sneak in. ASK for help when you need it, never take it all under your own hands, leads to burnout ;/.

Make sure you print a good deal of parking passess and assign someone to be the parking guy. its a crap job but make sure said person gets breaks, has a phone, and knows where to let folks in to keep the visitor parking from turning into a mosh pit.

Do not fret too much over special food needs. You can only cover so much and NO one should expect some crazy specialty foods just for *that guy*. The event is free after all so do not go out of your way to buy or fret over if you got something for everyone. if folks have that much a special need ask them to bring a dish JUST for them.

Gaia bless and hope this helps. if you need to talk shop or con stuff im always around :)
Pakesh_De
Cola addict, book junkie, gamerfur and prone to silly voices and bad jokes. If spotted please just trank the bear and stuff him in a warm bed.

Offline Pikazap

• Innovator of Sexiness
  • Team Meerkat Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2014, 03:42:36 PM »
Maybe good to ration out the first portions.  A Scoop or two of everything that'll ensure everyone gets some... When everyone is served anyone who wants more can have seconds.   (I've had a few professionally catered meals in my day.  Just needs the volunteer to control the serving spoons rather than a 'Help Yourself" venue.  Doesn't have to be everything controlled.  Just anything with meat in it.  :-p

Offline DOtter

• ^.^
  • Species: North American River Otter
  • Species : River Otter
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2014, 12:32:44 AM »
Will there be some sort of provision for re-heating?
Chirp! fluff ...chirp?

Offline bungeeskunk

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2014, 01:02:38 AM »
Howdy!

I'll get coffee going with my Keurig brewer setup. Just use the Eco-K-Cup to use the ground coffee in the machine. Just need some foam cups to use for the party. This way, there no giant pot of coffee to burn or go stale. Just takes 1 minute to get a fresh cup of coffee. Anyone with your own K-Cup flavours are welcome to use as well.

Feral