Author Topic: Annual Church Street Halloween FurWalk REBORN!  (Read 2825 times)

Offline Bailey Bat

• ^.^
  • *squeak*
Annual Church Street Halloween FurWalk REBORN!
« on: October 11, 2014, 12:44:27 AM »
Happy early Halloween, everyone!!

Bailey Bat here <3  Last year my event wasn't run because I was spending it with my Husband doing a haunted house in his home town ^_^  It was fun, but I really want to get my one and only event back up!  So with that in mind, I invite you all to come out!

Church Street Halloween Fursuit Walk - 2011

WHERE:  Church Street Halloween Block Party
WHEN:  Halloween Night!
TIME?  8pm till you QUIT =3
MEET UP DETAILS:  We will be meeting at UNION STATION at 7pm on October 31.  The specific location is the main Via Rail area.  You all know the place by now.  Where the Harvey's used to be?  There's a big ass clock up there and lots of seats.  Anywho, the nearby bathrooms have been perfect for changing into fursuit so this is where I like to meet up.  We will wait there for 30-45 Minutes so people have time to travel and such before heading to Wellesley Station to get there by 8pm.
If you find it easier to just go straight to Wellesley Station, then please meet us there for 8pm just by the entrance doors to the main street <3

If it wasn't obvious, this is a FURSUIT EVENT!! So Bring your suits!!  Get lots of pictures taken of you!!
I promise this to be an enjoyable event for any attention seeking fursuiter =3 

We also need handlers.  This is a SUPER BUSY event and there is HUNDREDS of people who will want to hug and take pictures of the Fursuiters.  We need people to keep an eye out.  Don't worry too much about moving us along.  As we have learned, we usually only move about 1 block in 3 hours time due to the overwhelming amount of pictures.  We just need folks willing to take pictures themselves, perhaps hold some travel bags, and generally... handle =)

PLEASE NOTE*  In the last, like, 4 years it has rained on Halloween.  Really annoying.  However, every single year (aside from last year) I have attended this event as I am addicted to doing it.  If it is REALLY raining, please assume that this year will be cancelled.  If it's spitting or just damp, I will be out there!  If it is dry, you can bet your ass this event is 100% happening!  It may be cold this year but to be honest, I'm gunna be in a big fluffy suit so it will still happen!

Please let me know in the comments below if you want to attend!  Let me know if you're a Handler, a Suiter, or just want to take Pictures or Hang out =)
I will check for questions a few times a day, but you may also add me on skype: "akumavon" is the username.

Hope to see you there!!!

- Bailey Bat
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 12:44:50 AM by Bailey Bat »

Offline Jinx

• Jinx
  • ^.^
  • Species: Wolf
  • RAWR!!!
  • Species : Canadian Lynx
Re: Annual Church Street Halloween FurWalk REBORN!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 03:58:52 PM »
have fun

wont be going

I have other plans for Halloween :3
Sammy<3

Offline blackbeary

• The Strolling Prime Minister of No Fixed Address
  • Whatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhat?
  • Species : Bear
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 07:58:08 PM »
I can be a handler. Or take pictures. I can handle taking pictures or take pictures of handles.

Offline Bailey Bat

• ^.^
  • *squeak*
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 09:40:17 PM »
I can be a handler. Or take pictures. I can handle taking pictures or take pictures of handles.
Blackberry, if there is one person I can rely on for being the #1 guy for handling, you are it <3

Offline Furious K. Yote

• Coyote not so ugly.
  • ^.^
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 05:06:37 PM »
Its a friday so I will try so hard to be there this year!!!

Spotter and pawfurazzi ... I can't do baggage handling, too old and decrepit
I'm not mad ... I'm FURIOUS!

Offline Dakotah

• Fursuiter
  • ^.^
  • An author of Sci-fi novels
    • The Worlds of Jason Finigan
  • Species : Red Fox
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 08:07:33 AM »
I will most definitely be there, of course. And I will bring with me my Canon Powershot SX160 IS digital camera for some pictures and video. I'll probably also bring along my tripod as well. Just in case. And lots and lots of extra batteries and SD cards. 
DAKOTAH

Offline Babs Bunny

• 100% Canadian Jackrabbit
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2014, 08:06:18 PM »
If it's not raining, I'll totally be there! :)

Offline Bailey Bat

• ^.^
  • *squeak*
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2014, 01:26:02 AM »
If it's not raining, I'll totally be there! :)

Excellent!  ...dunno why it has had a habbit of raining on every halloween in the last 4 years

Offline Danny Dingo

• Burgundy Dingo
    • Whatever Turns You On Official Website
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2014, 09:39:45 PM »
I'm definitely going to try to make it to this one. I've been itching to fursuit again! :D
Me eat your baby? That's preposterous! D0:

Offline Bailey Bat

• ^.^
  • *squeak*
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 01:28:30 PM »
I'm definitely going to try to make it to this one. I've been itching to fursuit again! :D

Should be a good opportunity to Suit for an extended period, Dingo =)

Offline DOtter

• ^.^
  • Species: North American River Otter
  • Species : River Otter
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2014, 12:57:58 AM »
Just a thought; since that incident in Ottawa, security on the subway has been stepped-up a bit. In light of this, is it a good idea to take fursuits on the subway?

I'm not saying you should call the furmeet off. I'm just suggesting the matter should be looked at and "Plan B" made, just in case.
Chirp! fluff ...chirp?

EK-AE

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2014, 04:41:13 PM »
Still new to the fandom!

I am interested is attaining this event just to hang out, but I am just not sure?

Offline Dakotah

• Fursuiter
  • ^.^
  • An author of Sci-fi novels
    • The Worlds of Jason Finigan
  • Species : Red Fox
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2014, 07:05:11 PM »
Just a thought; since that incident in Ottawa, security on the subway has been stepped-up a bit. In light of this, is it a good idea to take fursuits on the subway?

I'm not saying you should call the furmeet off. I'm just suggesting the matter should be looked at and "Plan B" made, just in case.

I am fairly certain the TTC would not have an issue with fursuiters on their subways provided the suiters are NOT wearing their heads while in the station, on the platform, or on board the subway trains.
DAKOTAH

Offline Bailey Bat

• ^.^
  • *squeak*
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2014, 08:50:22 AM »
Still new to the fandom!

I am interested is attaining this event just to hang out, but I am just not sure?

While this is certainly a fun event and i will always urge you to attend (what host wouldn't? ) i would also invite you to check out other stuff happening as well as an alternative to this one, as weather can change its actual happening.  I know there is a few other events going on such as Potaroo's anual house party as well as something new in Oshawa.  =)

But otherwise, assuming its not too cold or downpouring, you should check out this event for sure#

Offline Bailey Bat

• ^.^
  • *squeak*
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2014, 08:54:11 AM »
Just wanted to give a heads up that this event is outside, as if that wasnt obvious, and weather forecasts predict (as of the 27th of oct) that it may very well be anywhere between 1-5 degrees on halloween.  While this tempature rarely poses a threat to suiters, those who golunteer for photos or handling should prepare for the conditions.  Heavy coat, hat, gloves,  etc. 
There seems to also be a 30% chance of rain/flurries because it wouldnt be a proper event of mine if there wasnt a chance of it being cancelled due to rain, right? v.v

WTF