Author Topic: Mediawest in Lansing, MI  (Read 689 times)

Offline Danny Dingo

• Burgundy Dingo
    • Whatever Turns You On Official Website
Mediawest in Lansing, MI
« on: August 31, 2014, 07:20:43 PM »
Hey gang!

You may have heard Babs talking about this con quite a bit recently. Basically, it is a fan convention that has been around since 1981 or so and apparently has really become a ghost town in recent years. So, I thought I'd help spread the word and help to breathe new blood into it. They can really use it right now. They want furries, they want bronies, they want all types of younger fans (many of the attendees are now in their 50s, 60s and 70s and may not be able to attend much longer). I plan to go as well as a few other people around here and I hope others will do the same. Anyways, now that I have your attention, here's all the info that you need to know about Mediawest:

Main site:  (Updated with 2015 info)  http://www.mediawestcon.org/

Membership info:

Attending memberships after June 30 is $45 ($50 outside the US for those who want PRs mailed) through Dec. 31, 2014.

All Attending memberships postmarked after Dec. 31, 2014 are $55 ($60 outside the US for those who want PRs mailed), until either Attending membership limits of 700 is reached or May 1, 2015, whichever comes first.  NO MEMBERSHIPS WILL BE SOLD AT THE DOOR.  Memberships are NOT transferable. 

Memberships are subject to acceptance.

Single Day Memberships will be available in advance beginning January 1, 2015. You must specify the day for the membership to be valid. Single day memberships are $30 for US residents, $35 outside the US .

GoFers receive a greatly discounted membership rate of $15 (as low as Supporting!) for working a minimum of 10 hours during the four days of the con.  We will try to accommodate specific scheduling requests based on the order they are received.

Supporting memberships are $15. All non-attending Art Show participants must be at least Supporting members. Supporting members will receive all Progress Reports and other membership materials, will be entitled to nominate and vote for Fan Q’s, as well as be eligible for a discount on Attending membership to next year’s con.

More info is over at:  http://www.mediawestcon.org/mwc35.htm

Thanks a lot and let's help give this con a new following! :D

-Dingo
Me eat your baby? That's preposterous! D0:

Offline Jinx

• Jinx
  • ^.^
  • Species: Wolf
  • RAWR!!!
  • Species : Canadian Lynx
Re: Mediawest in Lansing, MI
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 09:08:23 PM »
mabye
Sammy<3

Offline Danny Dingo

• Burgundy Dingo
    • Whatever Turns You On Official Website
Re: Mediawest in Lansing, MI
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 06:38:15 PM »
Hey guys!

Just thought I'd bump this up to ramp up interest. Mediawest is desperately seeking furries for its convention, so let's help them out. Thanks!

-Danny Dingo
Me eat your baby? That's preposterous! D0:

Feral