Author Topic: Furry Forces Make FE 2013 A Success  (Read 1227 times)

Offline Scani

• Furnal Equinox Con Staff
  • Species : Gryphon (panther/cardinal)
Furry Forces Make FE 2013 A Success
« on: March 12, 2013, 09:40:11 PM »
After a long march to Toronto with weapons and uniforms in hand, the Furry Forces stood down from combat for three days of R&R leave in Toronto at Furnal Equinox 2013 -- and it was undoubtedly the biggest, best and most successful one yet!

Our troops are continuing to raise the bar for Canadian furry conventions. Over the three days of the convention, over 750 attendees marched through our hallways, came to our panels, danced their hearts out, and more. Not only that, but 206 fursuiters who participated in our fursuit parade on Saturday, and we raised $6,000 for the Mississauga Humane Society!

Another successful convention does not happen without the contributions of many. We first thank our Guests of Honour, Rukis and RedCoatCat. Their artwork beautified our web site, conbook, T-shirts, conbadges and more, and they graced us with their presence. We hope to see you back sometime soon!

Our very own uniformed personnel, our furry Security team, certainly paid tribute to our theme with their professionalism and courtesy to all of our attendees, as well as their "esprit de corps". Well done!

We also continue to succeed due to the dedication, efforts and teamwork of our staff, volunteers and panelists. Without you, our event simply could not happen! As we continue to grow our need for staff and volunteers increases in order to keep pace: if you can lend a paw next year, please let us know at volunteer@furnalequinox.com.

And the biggest thank of you all goes to you, our attendees. Your enjoyment and your happiness makes our efforts more than worthwhile!

Please complete our Member Survey and tell us what you thought of the con. And make sure that you watch us on FurAffinity, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook; and of course here on our website -- for FE 2013 material and information on next year's con!

We look forward to seeing you all next year as we go under the big top with Sandy Schreiber and Sabertoothed Ermine. They'll be bringing us to the Circus from March 7 to 9, 2014! See you then!
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same...

-- Rudyard Kipling
---
Scani (Chair, Furnal Equinox)

Offline Jinx

• Jinx
  • ^.^
  • Species: Wolf
  • RAWR!!!
  • Species : Canadian Lynx
Re: Furry Forces Make FE 2013 A Success
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 06:42:34 AM »
this year was 100% better thenlast year it left me speechless and was just amazing the highlight of my year so far thank you!!!
Sammy<3

Offline Evesske

• Species : Western Dhole
Re: Furry Forces Make FE 2013 A Success
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 01:05:10 PM »
I agree. I had so much fun and I'll be coming back next year! I'm actually excited about the theme. Gotta start costume planning...

vancoufur