Author Topic: Custom Con Badges?  (Read 1401 times)

Drakonman

Custom Con Badges?
« on: July 08, 2012, 03:46:00 PM »
I was just thinking. Would it be possible to Preorder our own badges for the con. So like i could put my character on the badge from art that i got from myself or one that i commissioned but still have it as a official con-badge. I was just curious because it was a pain in the ass trying to keep my own personal badge and my con-badge visible at the same time.

Offline Sateva

• ^.^
  • Species: Dro
  • If watermelon's full of water, what's in kumquats?
    • Mah Fa
Re: Custom Con Badges?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 05:13:32 PM »
That is a bad ass idea, would be allot of labor and a little more costly I would imagine.
Plus allot of people like to keep the yearly badge designed by the guest of honor, the standard badges do make for great souvenirs and con swag.

But, still, GREAT idea. I would want one so long as I could purchase a standard one for 5-10$, for my collection.

Come to think of it last year and the year before Condition did custom acrylic con badges, they were pretty damn cool.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 05:14:39 PM by Sateva »
Some girls are made of sugar and spice, but I'm a bitch made of fire and ice.

Offline Scani

• Furnal Equinox Con Staff
  • Species : Gryphon (panther/cardinal)
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 07:26:03 PM »
There are a lot of reasons why we try to keep the number of "official" conbadge designs limited. Not only does it help keep costs down from our supplies, but it's one of the ways that helps Security and staff easily tell apart attendee levels.

If we did something like that, it would probably be similar to what Condition does, where you have a label that's printed in a designated spot on a "base" design.

However, stay tuned -- we are planning some perks for this year that you can customize, AND that fit very well with the theme ;)
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same...

-- Rudyard Kipling
---
Scani (Chair, Furnal Equinox)

Offline Frostscar

• Team Meerkat Administration
    • Condition Vs the Monsters
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 11:58:48 PM »
That is a bad ass idea, would be allot of labor and a little more costly I would imagine.
Plus allot of people like to keep the yearly badge designed by the guest of honor, the standard badges do make for great souvenirs and con swag.

But, still, GREAT idea. I would want one so long as I could purchase a standard one for 5-10$, for my collection.

Come to think of it last year and the year before Condition did custom acrylic con badges, they were pretty damn cool.

We do that every year, and it is a logistical nightmare that the staff are happy to make me do :P

Scani: ooo custom stuff, ill be looking out for that ;D
Come join us for Condition Vs the Monsters! Aug 1st to 3rd in London, Ontario. www.conditionfurry.ca

FE