Author Topic: FE Charity In MHS PetChat News  (Read 1637 times)

Offline Maengun(Wolf)

• Totally a Bottom!
  • Team Meerkat Administration
  • IT Professional
  • Species : Wolf
FE Charity In MHS PetChat News
« on: April 29, 2012, 08:19:30 AM »
Now I heard some people, not sure who. Were complaining that last year the con was not metioned in the MHS website or newsletter. Well the newsletter was sent out and we are in it.

Here it is.
Not sure who the fursuiters were at the time, but thanks for posing for the photo. Love the suit and so did Lily.

Shane Nicholson
Fe Charity Auction
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 08:22:32 AM by Shane »
IT Support
2016 Harley Street 750
Wolf in a human body.

Offline Sateva

• ^.^
  • Species: Dro
  • If watermelon's full of water, what's in kumquats?
    • Mah Fa
Re: FE Charity In MHS PetChat News
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 11:55:24 AM »
Awesome!

Though, I am curious. Why is there a caption bubble asking for more 'Shanes'?

This article seems to be all about 'Shane', here I thought the community/FE raised the money but they only get one mention in the form of a URL.

Just saying.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 11:58:23 AM by Sateva »
Some girls are made of sugar and spice, but I'm a bitch made of fire and ice.

Offline Thadius-Effingham

• I put letters together randomly and call them stories
  • ^.^
  • Species: Wolf
  • It's true. I bite. But just a little.
  • Species : Anthro wolf/ pup
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 12:25:33 PM »
Shane in the media! GASP!
Do it and figure out what you really did later.

Offline Maengun(Wolf)

• Totally a Bottom!
  • IT Professional
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 02:55:06 PM »
Awesome!

This article seems to be all about 'Shane', here I thought the community/FE raised the money but they only get one mention in the form of a URL.

Just saying.

The picture was edited by the Mhs people who know me as the person who is responsible for the charity auction. I chose them as our charity and put lots of work into it and heart. So they see me as the person doing it.

They know this is done At the con and were there. They credit me because of my work and dedication to the fund raising for Mhs.

They also know me from the additional work I do for the MHS at other furry events, thought the money raised is not as large.
The money raised by FE is the single largest amount ever raised by a single event for them.

The caption is in reference that they'd like to find more people like me with the passion and heart to help raise large amounts of money for them.

They know it wasn't just me doing the work, they were at the charity auction the whole timec.

I never claimed to be solely responsible for all the work, I have help. People like Manny and Twitchy from WTF, Sprocket,Silvax,Ki_Wind,Silvercat  and others who manned the tables, helped with moving items, auctioneer, dealing with cash etc.

And the con was mentioned twice in the article, including the date of the recent convention. So the con was not left our or "barely mentioned".
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 05:24:26 PM by Shane »
IT Support
2016 Harley Street 750
Wolf in a human body.

Offline Sateva

• ^.^
  • Species: Dro
  • If watermelon's full of water, what's in kumquats?
    • Mah Fa
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 10:46:27 PM »
Awesome!

Just saying.

The picture was edited by the Mhs people who know me as the person who is responsible for the charity auction. I chose them as our charity and put lots of work into it and heart. So they see me as the person doing it.

They know this is done At the con and were there. They credit me because of my work and dedication to the fund raising for Mhs.

They also know me from the additional work I do for the MHS at other furry events, thought the money raised is not as large.
The money raised by FE is the single largest amount ever raised by a single event for them.

The caption is in reference that they'd like to find more people like me with the passion and heart to help raise large amounts of money for them.

They know it wasn't just me doing the work, they were at the charity auction the whole timec.

I never claimed to be solely responsible for all the work, I have help. People like Manny and Twitchy from WTF, Sprocket,Silvax,Ki_Wind,Silvercat  and others who manned the tables, helped with moving items, auctioneer, dealing with cash etc.

And the con was mentioned twice in the article, including the date of the recent convention. So the con was not left our or "barely mentioned".

Nyce, they must have loved you! That's some pretty high praising.

*high fives*
Some girls are made of sugar and spice, but I'm a bitch made of fire and ice.

Offline Maengun(Wolf)

• Totally a Bottom!
  • IT Professional
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 12:55:40 AM »
Awesome!

Just saying.

Nyce, they must have loved you! That's some pretty high praising.

*high fives*

As I said, it's the highest amounts they get, in fact FE this year saved them from some serious hurt, they really needed money bad. I'm glad to help them each year, just wish I could do more for them.

Shane
IT Support
2016 Harley Street 750
Wolf in a human body.

Offline BabyTiger

• Your Friendly Neighbourhood Tiggy
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 03:39:08 PM »
Awesome!

Just saying.

I can see why you get that impression. Yes Shane selected them as the charity of choice, however it was Furnal Equinox itself that donated the money. The speech bubble does make it suggest it was all him and nothing more. I think it was just a badly written article that gives the wrong impression.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 03:42:38 PM by BabyTiger »
Life is Misunderstood... As am I

Offline Maengun(Wolf)

• Totally a Bottom!
  • IT Professional
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 10:48:09 PM »
Awesome!

Just saying.

I can see why you get that impression. Yes Shane selected them as the charity of choice, however it was Furnal Equinox itself that donated the money. The speech bubble does make it suggest it was all him and nothing more. I think it was just a badly written article that gives the wrong impression.

Well I assume in here eyes, since I do lots of work for them(not just at the con) that she mentions me as the person. I also do charity stuff at other furry events which are not done by FE(like at Islington, I paid for all the items for the raffle, not FE). Also Since i Am the main contact, she knows me as the person.

I was invited to the gala they had for another fundraiser, they can't invite the entire con. Someone has to be the representative.
I feel somewhat slighted by the original reply(even though I know Sateva meant nothing negative about it) and consecutive simular ones. I don't go around making like i'm solely responsible for this, but people need to realise I put a lot of time, effort and heart into the Charity auction.

I spend a good month or more trying to collect items, comissions and other things for the Charity auction.(You try getting items from artists and such for free). Not to mention I even do some side work at other con's, to get some money for the MHS.

I'm greatful for the help I get at the con(I couldn't do it alone). But when I see the original reply and others like it, I feel angry. Almost like I'm being told I don't deserve any mention etc. They MHS knows me as the person who chose them, who has a personal stake in this charity. I posted this from their newsletter cause I heard someone was upset that they never mentioned us, then once I post this, I hear complaints that they didn't mention FE enough.

The article mentions Fe twice.

As for the Speech bubble, did anyone ever care to think that it refers to more people like me who are passionate about the charity and helping the MHS?
IT Support
2016 Harley Street 750
Wolf in a human body.

Offline Silvermoon

• ^.^
  • In the dark of night, I see the light
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 09:43:17 PM »
Shane, can I say I love your avatar image, and those fursuits in the photo! They're gorgeous! :)

vancoufur